skip navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where can I find an official game schedule?

A: Official game schedules are listed on

Q: How do I know if a practice or game has been changed or canceled?

A: Any changes made to games will be immediately available on You can sync game schedules to your personal calendar by "Subscribing" to the website.  You can also register for notifications via text and/or email by clicking on the "Notify Me" option. 

Practice cancellations will be posted on the home page of

Q: How often does my child need to have a Sports Qualifying Physical?

A: The MSHSL requires the school to have a Sports Qualifying Physical that is no older than three years on file for each student-athlete.

Q: Will my child be given a clearance card to show the coach on the first day of practice?

A: No, all registered participants are placed on a roster that is accessible to coaches/advisers on the first day of practice.  

Q: What is the family max and what activities count towards it?

A: The family max is $1400 per school year.  Please visit the Family Max page for details.  

Q: My child suffered a season ending injury, can I be refunded?

A: Season ending injuries are given a pro-rated refund until the mid-way point of the season.  

Q: My child quit, can I be refunded?

A: Voluntary quits are only refunded during the first two weeks of a season.  

Q: Are there scholarships that cover the cost of activity registration?

A: Students who receive free lunch are not charged a full activity fee.  If you think your child may qualify for reduced activity fees please visit the Family Aid page.  

Q: What is the difference between the conference and the section?

A: The conference is the bulk of the season's schedule.  The section consists of the teams that we play to gain a State Tournament birth.  Sections are assigned by the MSHSL,and based on geography and school population. To see what section we belong to in any given sport visit MSHSL's webpage and select the activity in the pull down bar.   

Q: What conference do we belong to?

A: Forest Lake competes in the Suburban East Conference in all sports with the exception of Football, Synchronized Swimming, and Clay Target Shooting. The Suburban East Conference consists of Cretin-Derham Hall, East Ridge, Irondale, Mounds View, Park, Roseville, Stillwater, White Bear Lake, and Woodbury.

Q: Why doesn't Football, Synchronized Swimming, and Clay Target Shooting compete in the Suburban East Conference?

A: The MSHSL re-organized football into Districts starting in the fall of 2015.  Our football district mirrors the Suburban East Conference with the exception of Park.  Synchronized Swimming and Clay Target Shooting are not administrated by the MSHSL, therefore they are not a requirement for Suburban East Conference membership.