Thanks to all of our 2023 Corporate sponsors for their partnership and support of Forest Lake Baseball!
Thanks to Dr. Wille and iSmile for their sponsorship in 2023. Contact them for your orthodontic needs!
See Dr. Tyler Hanson for your chiropractic and wellness needs!
Contact Mattson Funeral for further information.
Below is a link to game schedules for each team. Schedules can and do change occasionally due to umpire shortages, field availability, weather, etc. so please be sure to check the link often as a "hard copy" schedule that has been printed may not be the most updated version. You may also hit the subscribe button in the top right and have changes sent to your email inbox!
1. Player/Parent Meeting Reminder: Thursday from 6-6:45 (all 9th and 10th grade players) or 7-7:45 (all junior and senior players). The meetings will be held in the media center at the high school. This will be our only formal gathering and we will go over info related to tryouts and the upcoming season.
2. Registration: Registration opened in early February for spring sports. Please make sure your child has a current physical on file and all of the forms and fees are turned in before arm care week (March 13).
3. Player Survey: The player survey link can be found on our website. It will take two minutes for your son to fill out and helps us plan for tryouts and arm care week. This is extremely important as it is what we use to build our pitching and catching tryout schedule!
4. Splitrocks: For players attending the Splitrocks Bowling tournament on Feb. 26, they should plan to arrive at 11:45. Cost is about $20 per player.
5. FLBA Tryout Volunteers Needed: FLBA asks us to provide volunteers to help with tryouts. We are looking for 8 volunteers per session. The sign up form is linked here: FLBA Tryout Volunteer Form
The season is fast approaching and we look forward to working with all of you!
Coach Henry and Staff
Please complete the Google Form using the link below. Please use your SCHOOL Email address when filling in the email address portion of the form. The form will help us accurately plan for arm care week and tryouts. Please complete the form by March 1.
Registration for spring sports opens February 1! Get your physical finshed, forms filed, and fees finalized in February! See the activities website for further information. If you don't have everything finished prior to tryouts or arm care week (for pitchers and catchers), you will not be eligible to tryout. If you have questions about the process, please contact the activities office!
Student athletes that have volunteered to serve at Feed My Starving Children should plan to arrive at the Coon Rapids FMSC facility at 11 a.m. tomorrow. We will finish packing food by 1:15 tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to seeing everyone there! The address is below:
401 93rd Ave NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
The pre-tryout player and parent meeting is scheduled for Feb. 23 in the Media Center at FLHS. Times are listed below:
Grades 9-10 6-6:45
Grades 11-12 7:00-7:45
It is important that all families and players make every effort to attend this meeting if possible. Athletes in other sports who cannot attend, should contact Coach Henry to let him know they are unable to attend the meeting that evening.
Players looking for an opportunity to throw and build arm strength have the opportunity to enroll in the Driveline throwing program through North Metro Lakers and Gravelle Baseball Facility. Please see the Throwing Program flyer that is posted next to this announcement on our site for more details. There is a cost for this program and it will need to be scheduled through Tal Gravelle at North Metro Lakers. Please note, this is a self guided program and there is not direct instruction provided other than video.
Upcoming Dates of Importance:
Jan: 21 Deadline to register for Feed My Starving Children
Jan. 28: Feed My Starving Children Event at Coon Rapids site 11-1:15
Feb. 19: Deadline to register for Splitrocks Bowling Tournament
Feb. 26: Bowling Tourney at Splitrocks from 12-2ish
Mar. 13-16: Arm Care Week for Pitchers and Catchers begins
Mar. 20-23: Full Squad Tryouts
We are hosting two team building events in the pre-season again this year.
1. Feed My Starving Children food packing event at the Coon Rapids site will take place on Jan. 28 from 11-1:15.
2. Our annual team bowling tournament will be held Feb. 26 at Splitrocks from 12:00-2:00ish.
Sign ups for these events were sent to 2022 players' school emails also. As always, contact me if you need assistance signing up.
We need volunteers to sign up to help run our annual winter clinics for our youth players in Grades 3-5. Clinic dates are Jan. 9 and 23 and Feb. 6 and 13. The link for sign up has been sent to all 2022 players' school email addresses! Please contact me if you need assistance signing up!